Recipe for ‘Pollo Sudado’ (Sweaty Chicken)
- 1 Chicken
- 2 Onions
- 1 Big tomato
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of achiote powder
- Coriander, salt and pepper
- Rinse the whole chicken and chop it into pieces, taking off the legs, breast and wings.
- Chop the onions and garlic and fry them with oil over a high flame in a large pan.
Add the tomato and let it simmer a bit.
- Add the chicken and then lower the flame.
Add the salt, pepper and achiote powder.
Add a little water, cover the pot and leave it to simmer for 20 minutes.
- A salad is a nice compliment to Pollo Sudado. Jazmin prepares a salad of beans with carrots.
- The Pollo Sudado should be served with rice, cooked according to the instructions on the package. Alongside the rice, prepare yucca: this should be peeled, chopped and boiled with salt for 20 minutes.
- Add the coriander and serve the meal with the rice and peeled and chopped yucca.
- ¡Buen Provecho!