Family meal recipes
Recipe for Kubbeh
- 1 Kg of bulgur cracked wheat
- 1 Kg of ground beef or lamb
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ Cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 Teaspoon all spice
- ½ Kg of finely chopped onions.
- 3 Tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- For the kubbeh crust, soak the bulgur wheat in half a litre of water for two hours, then drain the water.
- Remove excess water by squeezing the bulgur with both hands.
- Add half a kilogram of the ground meat with some salt and pepper seasoning. Place in a food processor and process to a smooth paste. For the kubbeh stuffing, fry the rest of the ground meat with the finely chopped onions.
- Add salt, pepper, all spice and pomegranate molasses. Once cooked, add the pomegranate seeds.
- Take an egg sized amount of the crust mixture and form into a ball. Shape a hole in the ball to make a space for the filling.
- Add the filling and pinch the top to seal the ball.
- Form the ball into an egg shape.
- Fry for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Saha wa Hana! (To your health and happiness!)